Sunday, March 8, 2009

Set On Repeat (On My iPod)

One night, recently, I was enjoying myself at a friend's apartment, and we were listening to the M.I.A. 'channel' on Pandora.com. The song "Cobrastyle" by Robyn came on, and I really enjoyed it. The song is actually a cover of the Teddybears' (featuring Mad Cobra) 2004 single of the same name. I couldn't help but listen to the song over and over again ad nauseum.

I figured I would give her other songs a chance, so I listened to the 30-second samples, and I immediately became infatuated with her song "Handle Me". As an added bonus, the album also features a somewhat techno remix of the song. I purchased both. I've been listening to both songs nonstop for the past several days. I think this is due mostly to its lyrical content. The acoustic guitar and synthesizer crossover is done really well too. Give it a listen, won't you? The music video is interesting enough as it is. She merely maneuvers around a box that is seemingly in a fixed position. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment