Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Film Review

I had the pleasure of watching "Il y a longtemps que je t'aime" ("I've loved you so long") last night. The film certainly had both good and bad qualities to it, but I enjoyed it more so than not. It is the story of two sisters, one of which has been in prison for the last 15 years, and how they come to resolve their own personal struggles with life. The most interesting aspect of the film is that it does not provide a backstory. The viewer is held in suspense for two hours; the climactic moment does indeed come in the closing minutes.

After laboring over this post for more than a few minutes, I have decided that being a film critic is just not for me. Therefore, here is my rather intimate review:
if you have mother issues, if you are quiet and reserved, if you are capable of feeling emotional pain, if you have ever lost anyone in your life (death or otherwise), then you will not so much 'enjoy' this film, but rather, you will understand it, and relate well to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment