Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Proof Of Why I Am Disgusted

My original post:
I've been trying to give equal attention to opposing views of mine, and frankly, I am no longer willing to do so until the opposition actually has something of value to state. I do not belong to any political party, but my political positions can be summed up as socially liberal and fiscally conservative (except when it comes to my own spending). While it may not be the best, the Democrats are actually making an effort to get things done. The only thing I hear and see the Republicans doing is spewing messages of hate and anti-progress. What kind of a world do we live in where the de facto leader of the Republican party (Rush Limbaugh) glorifies the anticipation of a liberal Senator's death due to cancer? What kind of a world do we live in where it is 'free speech' to hold a placard that says "Dan White : Hero for Killing a Queer"? [Note: the person holding that sign may or may not belong to the Republican party, but seeing as how the religious right aligns itself with the Republicans, I think it's safe to connect the two.] What kind of a world do we live in where a Senator glorifies the anticipation of a Supreme Court Justice's death due to cancer?

I am absolutely disgusted.
And now, here is the proof of why I am disgusted:

Photo via flickr (JaysterDotCom).

And now for the in-your-face moment:


No comments:

Post a Comment