Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thoughts Regarding (Specifically) Heterosexual Marriage

A friend of mine recently told me that her friend was thinking about calling off her own wedding. She has become unsure of whether or not it would be prudent to go ahead with it all. After some conversing, her friend decided to make this declaration: "well...if we do get married, we can just get divorced if needed". It was something to that effect, and I cannot verify that that was the actual quotation. Of course, this upset my friend, who then told me, which subsequently angered me. This is the part where I make my point.

If you are going to get married, and you even contemplate getting a divorce in the future, DO NOT GET MARRIED! Yeah, homosexuals are ruining marriage. Homosexuals. I'm calling bullshit on that one right now. Couples that treat marriage as anything other than a lifelong commitment should lose the right to marry. It's good to know that if and when I find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, based on its legal status as of now, I will not be allowed to marry that person. But my friend's friend can get married at her leisure and break that marriage at her leisure as well. Ridiculous.

Photo from mississippifamilylawblog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment