Thursday, April 2, 2009

Film Review

After my usual Thursday outing to Vivace Brix, I decided I wanted to rent a movie. I dropped in to the Blockbuster on Broadway and perused the various new releases. I came across the Coen Brother's "Burn After Reading". I've been wanting to watch it for a while now, and even though I heard it wasn't spectacular, I still decided to give it a shot (no pun intended).

[Spoiler Alert] I liked it overall, and I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. All this trouble befalls so many of the characters, and in the end, for what? Some government subsidized plastic surgery operations. Hilarious. The briefings between the CIA chiefs were the best parts. The fact that they really had no idea what was going on (they're in the intelligence business!), and their complete sense of apathy towards it all was perfect for the movie. I have no rating system that I use systematically, but for now I will give this movie a 3.5 out of 5 star rating. It's still a Coen brothers movie.

*Photo from en.wikipedia.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment