Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ice Cream Worth Waiting For

I'm not usually one to be out and about on a Saturday night (mostly because it's my Tuesday), but I had the opportunity to be so last night; to bring my evening to an end I stopped over at Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream in Wallingford (on 45th between Woodlawn and Densmore). The line was out the door. I believe it took nearly 40 minutes from the time of arriving to the time of departing. But it was well worth the wait.

I've seen this place always stuffed to the rafters with people no matter what day of the week it is. They pride themselves on good service and amazing ice cream. Some of their unusual, yet delectable, flavors include: Maple Walnut, Balsamic Strawberry, Honey Lavender, Mandarin Chocolate Sorbet, Thai Iced Tea, and of course, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Bean. The one that I had my heart set on was Vivace Coffee. Vivace Brix is usually where I spend a few hours of my time every Thursday, so I had to know what my favorite coffee in ice cream form would taste like. It was absolutely delicious. The best part of it was that the coffee grounds were in the ice cream as well. However, considering I've been avoiding caffeine lately, this may not have been the best decision at near 11 o'clock at night. As such, I give this establishment my seal of approval.

Photo from slog.thestranger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment