Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Bloc Party Album

Bloc Party is back to their old tricks, and have released a new album--a remixed version of their Intimacy album. They did this very same thing with their first album, Silent Alarm (2005). I really only listened to the remixed versions of the songs I liked on Intimacy: "Signs", "Mercury", "You're Visits Are Getting Shorter", "Ares", and"Biko"; "Flux" was not remixed on the album. I generally liked the songs, but they weren't that great. I purchased "Mercury" and "Signs"; I'm especially in love with the latter, so any chance I get to experience it anew, I jump on it. "Signs" was remixed by Armand Van Helden, and he does a decent job with it. It is definitely now a club-hopping song. The original version was my quintessential winter-time theme song, reminiscent of the 2009 Washington Snowpocalypse. "Mercury" works better as a remix; it has a beat already to it, that allowed for Herve Is In Disarray to switch it up here and there. There's also a music video for the "Signs" remix, and I've added that below. If you've ever seen the music video for Nine Inch Nails' "Closer", you're about to see something very similar. It comes complete with human and stereo hybrids, and even a talking mouth where a vagina should be. That being said, the video is NSFW. Enjoy.

[Suggestion: just picture some half-nude gay boys dancing around to this song at the clubs...amazing].

No comments:

Post a Comment