Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Death Cab For Cutie Music Video: "Grapevine Fires"




This song (not the video) reminds me of all the coffee and cigarettes I had during those warm summer nights last year. Also, the band makes a cameo at 1:12.

[Updated Thoughts]: I watched the video again, and I must say that although it is depressing, it is a very beautiful video (especially at 3:29). It made me think about how life is so fragile. We think we have everything, and in the blink of an eye it can all be taken away from us. If you only had a matter of minutes to take what you wanted from your home before it all burned, what would you take? What matters the most in our lives when we are hard-pressed? We really do not know until that time comes; I think we are content to not know, if that means that we can avoid tragedies and disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment