Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cooking 104

I'm a big kid now! I finally bought real groceries (cereal and milk do not count) and prepared a meal for myself. Now, I know that 99% of all the people I know do this on a regular basis, but for me, it's a new thing.

I bought penne pasta, broccolli, boneless/skinless chicken breast, heavy cream, butter, parmesan cheese, and garlic. I was originally going to purchase a jar of premade alfredo sauce, but a coworker of mine urged me to purchase the ingredients and make my own sauce. Thank you Erica, it was a delicious sauce.

Alas, I chopped the garlic and broccolli; cooked the chicken and cut it up; melted some butter, added the garlic, and cream; boiled the noodles; combined it all; and I had my very own chicken alfredo dinner.

Things I learned while making this:
  1. When not in possession of a meat pounder, a glade scented candle will suffice.
  2. When the sauce is thin and runny, take it off the stove (heat).
  3. With time and practice, I will be able to cook meals without using 80% of my cooking-ware.
The best part about the whole thing is that upon showing a coworker the photo above, she replied with, "that has to be a staged photo." I guess presentation is everything after all.

Oh, and it's now February 2009. Where did the time go? Also, tomorrow is Groundhog's day. I'm hoping it's overcast in Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud...my baby's all grown up now. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete