Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Power of Human Kindness

I was at Vivace (Brix) last night, and the woman standing in front of me in line turned around and offered to purchase by coffee. It is so rare these days to hear about these random acts of kindness, let alone experience them first hand. I was overwhelmed with joy, and I even tried to have her let me tip, but she covered that as well. I think I said "thank you" nearly ten times before we parted ways, never to see each other ever again. Well, at least I will not know if I do.

I think it's time for me to offer the same kindness to the person standing behind me in line.

Also, to make the entire situation perfect, the barista made my cappuccino with the foam in the shape of a heart. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I've done this before. It's just one of those things to let other people know that maybe mankind isn't doomed afterall.

    ReplyDelete