Friday, December 12, 2008

Long Wednesday -And- Lazy Thursday

Well, Tuesday night ended on a rough note for me, but I was determined to fix that early on Wednesday morning. I got up at 7:30, after getting a mere 4-5 hours of sleep. Surprisingly, I was well rested and energetic throughout the rest of the day. I went out and got a New York Times, some facial cleanser (I've had none for quite some time now), and the "remedy". After I took care of my one and only determinate course of action for the day, I returned home to shower and get dressed.

I was in the mood for eggs benedict at Broadway Grill, so I decided that I would walk over there. I checked my phone for friends that might be able to share breakfast with me, but alas, they were all working or far from my location. I did call my friend Mike, being that he lives a few blocks from Broadway Grill, but he was en route to Burien to take his dad to the airport.

So I headed over to BG, but they were not yet open. It was 10:34am by my watch, and they, I had just come to find out, opened at 11am. So I decided to switch my plans around a bit. I walked over to the new Vivace location at the end of Broadway, get a coffee, and read my New York Times. I'm trying to be more proactive about keeping up with what's going on in the world, hence why I devoted much of my day to reading the paper. So, I got a 12oz nonfat cappuccino, sat and read for about 45 minutes, then went back to BG. It was just me and an elderly couple in the entire restaurant. I guess it was Wednesday morning afterall. I ordered my eggs benedict and a glass of orange juice. The meal was delicious, but I ended up paying $21.00 (including tip) at the end of it all. BG, your prices disappoint me.

Then I decided that I wanted to go visit a former colleague, Michael Coy, at the Ravenna Third Place Books location on 65th and 20th. I walked down to the bus tunnel off of Pine Street, all the while having a phone conversation with my sister, Kristin. I took the bus over to 65th and 15th, and walked the five blocks east to the bookstore. I caught Michael as he was walking out the door. We talked for a few moments; I told him I quit Pagliacci, and he (essentially) congratulated me for finally doing so. He went his way, and I decided to just hang out for a little bit longer. I finally decided to purchase "American Lion" by Jon Meacham. I've read about 50 pages or so thus far, and it is quite good.

Whence leaving the bookstore, I walked over to Greenlake, near my friend Jessica's apartment, and stopped in at Revolutions (Coffee). The cappuccino I ordered there was not great by most standards, but I wasn't in a caring mood at that point. It is a very relaxing and quiet place to just sit and read and get caffeinated. I enjoyed the artwork on the walls as well. Here is a piece that I really would like to have, but I don't have a spare $1,800.

Then my friend Mike, from earlier in the day, contacted me to see if I would like to get dinner (specifically a burrito and a beer) and then work on fixing my iBook. I went out and caught the next bus, but not before noticing the new parking meters at (or near) Greenlake, such as the one pictured below:

Kind of trendy, eh? Anyways, I got downtown soon enough, then walked home to use the bathroom (I had been holding it in for a while, and the cold weather was not helping). I met up with Mike at the Cha Cha lounge on Pike Street. We had a burrito and beer, as promised. (Although, he had a quesadilla, but...semantics). Then he unfortunately had something come up and had to take off after our meal. We parted ways for the evening, and I phoned a friend of mine, El, who then met up with me, and we hung out for a while, before I went home and fell fast asleep.

Thursday was uneventful. I slept in until around 2pm, and then read a little, and then slept some more. It was not a good use of my time (in the morning/afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment