Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane: Or, How Cruel Kids Can Be.

The other night I was at a friend's apartment, and he asked me to choose something for us to watch. I perused his DVD collection and I noticed he had "Death Becomes Her", which stars Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn, and Bruce Willis. I remembered most of what happened in the movie, but there was a scene about 10-12 minutes in about which I completely forgot. Here is that scene:



Why is this scene so nostalgic for me? Well, it stems from the fact that my mom and I used to comment that that was how my middle sister was going to end up later in life. Yep. We were beyond cruel to her. We told her that she would be living in a dump, with several stray cats running around, and be eating frosting out of cans. For the record, let me just mention that tomorrow I turn 25 years old, and I have still not cleaned up the coffee mug that fell and broke onto my kitchen floor several days ago. I think we call that karma (or laziness).

No comments:

Post a Comment