Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thank You, Barney Frank


For those of you without sound, here is the transcription:
Town Hall Woman: "Why do you continue to support a Nazi policy, as Obama has expressly supported this policy? Why are you supporting it?"
Barney Frank: "Let me, uh..."
Town Hall Woman: "Why are you trying to [inaudible]..."
Barney Frank: "But I will..."
Town Hall Woman: "...a real solution!"
Barney Frank: "When you ask me that question, I am gonna revert to my ethnic heritage, and [???] your question with a question: on what planet do you spend most of your time?"
[Laughs and applause]
Barney Frank: "You want me to answer the question?"
Town Hall Woman: "Yes!"
Barney Frank: "You stand there with a picture of the president defaced to look like Hitler and compare the effort to increase healthcare to the Nazis. My answer to you is, as I said before, it is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. [Applause] Mam, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table, [Applause] I have no interest in doing it."
As if it wasn't obvious from the dialogue, Mr. Frank is Jewish. For any human being to freely throw around terms such as Nazi and Hitler without any rational basis for doing so, especially toward a person who (presumably) has family ties to the atrocities committed by the Nazis, is an absolute unveiling of that person's internal ugliness. It sickens me to know that human beings can have such ugly hearts (and opinions). And as if that wasn't bad enough, here is a video of a woman heiling Hitler at an Israeli, and then mocking him for his lack of healthcare coverage. Warning: it's an absolutely disgusting view of humanity.

(Both videos via Slog and Towleroad).

No comments:

Post a Comment