Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Made The Wrong Decision

I have a terrible head cold, and having missed the bus to work, I had time to get something that I thought might help me body feel better. I went over to the Starbucks on Pine, between 5th and 6th Avenue, and was intent on two things: picking up a New York Times and ordering some tea.

The paper was as depressing as usual, so there was no surprise there. But when I ordered my drink, I decided to try something new: a "Green Tea Latte". I was going to put milk in my tea anyways, so I thought, "why not?" I was sorely mistaken. I made the wrong decision.

I took one sip and threw the entire thing away. Watching the barista pour my drink, my first thought was that it looked creamy and minty. However, once that hot liquid touched my lips, I was utterly appalled. Imagine filling up a blender with broccolli. Now puree that into a viscous material. Heat in the microwave for two minutes. Voila! You have the Starbucks Green Tea Latte.

In short, order something else (and from a place other than Starbucks).

No comments:

Post a Comment