Monday, March 29, 2010

There Really Are Some Things That Cannot Be Explained

About a month ago, I noticed a journal in our lost-and-found at work. It had been sitting there for quite some time, and I decided to give it a glance. It sounds invasive, but I felt an inexplicable connection to its content. There's nothing special about it. It was written by a guy who was clearly down on his luck, but remained hopeful. The biggest mindfuck for me came when I noticed the drawing on the lower half of one page. (See image.) As the title of this post suggests, I cannot explain the following: I undoubtedly believe that I drew that picture. I may not have drawn it in that book, but I remember drawing it. It even looks like my handwriting/drawing.

How do you explain that?

In fact, even now, as I look over this page and its words and images, I shudder. It terrifies me. I live for answers. This is what the rest of the page says:
"Dreams and images bombard me (last night & this morning). Things un from the deep are migrating to the surface."

"I am beginning to believe that the world is extremely simple and straight-forward. This may be because I can't figure out anything, or that there is nothing (to figure out)."
I think I may have stumbled upon one of the biggest mysteries in my life. There is so much in the journal, and it is more than just words on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment