Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review of Vessel, Part Two

My first review is here. And now my second review: I still thoroughly enjoyed the drinks, atmosphere, and service. Although, to be fair, I was in good company, and I'm sure that helped. I started with a libation called "Captain Handsome" (pictured left). It's gin, creme de violette, limoncello, lime juice, and absinthe; it is also carbonated.

All the ingredients, save the absinthe, were put into a large plastic tube, sealed shut, injected with CO2 for the carbonation, and then shaken to perfection. The bartender then took out a chilled glass, and sprayed the inside of it with absinthe while at the same time lighting it on fire. Pour the drink in the glass, give it a brandy cherry, and enjoy!

It had a dark gray color to it; smelled like black licorice, and tasted like lemon. It was delicious.

We had other drinks, but they were bartender's choice, so I couldn't tell you what they were. By the end of the night, we had about five to six drinks. If you want top quality, check out Vessel. [$$$].

No comments:

Post a Comment