Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh, the Things One Finds at Half Price Books

This seems like a joke (and maybe it is), but it's still funny nonetheless. I was at Half Price Books earlier--selling books, not buying them--and I came across a folded up note on top of some books in the True Crime section. It was a checklist of things; some were crossed out, others were not. The italics are mine.
Tonight:

Dinner
Clean House <---First Time.
Shower <---Really?

Friday:

Straighten House <---Second Time.
Shower <---Oh, come on!
Gas
Work
Ashley Present? <---Give...
Work
Ashley <---...and you shall receive.

Saturday:

Laundry
Clean House <---Rockstar!
Pack:
  • Movie
  • Condoms
  • Books
  • Games
  • Candles
  • Tampons <---Fail.
Store:
  • Candles
  • Wine?
  • Breakfasts (Snacks?)
  • P-towels
  • G-bags
  • Tampons <---Double fail.
Drop Henry
Work

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Brock,

    Thank you for sharing your story on my blog :-) I really enjoyed it.

    I can't believe I haven't said this yet, but I also enjoy reading you in The Stranger. You have quite the knack for words.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete