Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Time To Get With the Program

Okay. Enough is enough. I used to write posts for this blog on a daily basis. Why have I stopped? Frankly, there are a few reasons. First, I have been overwhelmed with many personal issues for the past few months, and I only feel like writing about those menial things. When I revamped Lacking Creativity--focusing more on news, politics, and opinion--I decided to purge any personal posts and never write another one. I have been successful in keeping with the promise that I made to myself. However, in so doing, I have neglected my, albeit small, audience of readers.

It's 12:28 a.m. on Monday morning. I need to write something. Anything. In fact, several times I have tried to write and post those very sentiments. But I failed. The time is now over. I have a large stack of books that are going unread; I have news stories that I have failed to keep track of; I have an apartment that is in desperate need of some cleaning; I have a laundry list of personal problems to resolve. I can go on forever, but I won't.

Today, while at work, I was reading about Sarah Palin's speech at the Tea Party convention. I became terrified. I am not joking. Imagining Sarah Palin (or someone just like her) as the next President of the United States terrifies the shit out of me. Now, you may ask yourself why I would worry about that. Yes, I absolutely agree, she is inexperienced, she uses emotion above reason, and she manipulates people to gain support from the electorate. While we are nearly three years away from the 2012 election, there is still the chance that Sarah Palin may win the Republican nomination and win.

Again, why does this worry me? Better yet, why am I terrified at the possibility of it? It's quite simple. I am gay; and under a Republican (Tea Party) administration, I can guarantee you that gay rights will be stripped away without hesitancy. In the "Real America" there simply is no place for LGBTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment